I've looked high and low for a spin/fly box and only found one. It was a Flambeau and looked pretty cheap. Since there weren't any options for me, I made my own. I took the ageless Plano 3213 and changed it. One side is for my spoons and spinners, while the other side is for flies. Below is a step by step to what I did.
- Plano 3213
- replacement fly foam refills
- cardboard and paper
- knife or razor
1. Open up the box and get the knife ready.
2. Carefully cut out the tray dividers with a knife or razor blade so that it’s close to flush with the bottom and sides.
3. Sand the remaining bits of tray dividers and the bottom with some sandpaper. You need to scuff it u to get the adhesive to stick well.
4. Measure and make your template with paper. Once you get the paper template you can transfer that to cardboard to fine tune it.
5. Transfer the template to the back of the foam refill. There is no going back after you cut this. Measure TWICE and cut ONCE.
6. Wash out the inside and get all the dust and plastic off then pull the adhesive and stick the foam refill in and press down.
7. Add flies and go catch some trout.